Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Abobo's Big Adventure is Now Up!


Awhile ago, back when we first started this blog, I posted a video about an amazing fan-game being made called Abobo's Big Adventure. It's a giant love letter to everything NES with tons of different playstyles, enemies and locations from classic NES games as well the main playable character being Abobo from Double Dragon.

Well, the wait is over, Abobo's Big Adventure went live today and let me tell you, it is great. I've only played the first level, which is the beat-em-up portion based on Double Dragon but in that level alone I ran into Goombas, Donkey Kong, Kid Nikki, the Spies from Spy vs. Spy, A T&C Skater, Alex from River City Ransom, a handful of enemies from Double Dragon, as well as a few sprites I didn't even recognize. It's also pretty dang hard, I lost almost all of my lives on the first level but you can tell a lot of love and care went into the game because of the original sprites, the gameplay and even it's achievement system. Definitely check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment