If you missed Nintendo Direct when it was live, you can still check it out here.
For those of you who don't have time to watch a 12 minute video, here's a basic rundown of what Reggie had to show for us. No bombshells, of course. They save those for E3 obviously.
- Dillon's Rolling Western is said to have 20+ hours of content and is out on eShop today at $10 (Developed by Vanpool, the guys who made the Tingle RPG)
- Mario Tennis Open will be launching May 20th in NA and May 12th in EU. Has local download play for up to 4 players as well as online modes that feature leaderboards. There's a gyro mechanic that lets you control the way you view the court and the touch screen has several virtual buttons that let you hit the ball differently if you are not familiar with the standard button combinations. (Developed by Camelot)
- There is a new interview with Masahiro Sakurai on Kid Icarus: Uprising where he and some goofy translators explain the 3 on 3 multiplayer mode and some of the mechanics in the game. The game is coming out March 23rd and if you preorder it at select retailers, you will receive a download code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus.
- Xenoblade Chronicles is coming out on April 6th. Also, you might remember they had this poll on facebook awhile back where you could vote on the alternate boxart for Xenoblade Chronicles. The poll is closed now and the votes are in and they are going with...
- The Last Story has been announced for NA and is being published by XSEED Games. XSEED is seriously on the rise of taking the title of localizing the best Japanese titles from Atlus. Talented bunch. They brought us Retro Game Challenge!
- Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir will be launching on Friday, April 13th. This is a horror game in similar vein to Fatal Frame that utilizes AR.
That's it for the west side. Japan's Nintendo Direct had a ton of more information for their audience with it being upwards of an hour and a half in duration. Nintendo of Europe also took that presentation and added English subtitles while including some other stuff. for Here are some quick notes on some of the stuff I figure some people might care about but again this is obviously not for fans in the US.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening has a new trailer and the DLC is going to be free for a limited time. The DLC is supposed to feature new maps and episodes. Coming to Europe some time this year. April 19th in Japan. No announcement for the US yet.
- There's a new Brain Training game featuring Dr. Kawashima where you train to be a Demon. Supposedly you do challenges for him as if he was Arino.
- Rune Factory 4 coming out in July for Japan.
- Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is coming out in Europe which is a remake of Fatal Frame II.
- Game Gear are coming to VC on 3DS in May. They're kicking off with Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble, Dragon Crystal, and G.G. Shinobi. They're also getting Game Center CX to show off these titles.
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D is a remake of the original DQM game. Features Local and Wi-Fi vs., and StreetPass.
Oh, by the way...