Sunday, February 5, 2012

VGM of the Week #14

Me again! I had quite a few things in mind for this week (including Doomsday Zone, which I mentioned during our Sonic 3 & Knuckles playthrough), but somehow, as I was deciding between them, this little ditty popped into my head.

This anthem from River City Ranthom is totally swingin' and really gets me psyched to beat the snot out of some Generic Dudes. (That's actually the name of their gang, not just my term for the mooks you'll plow through on your way to the boss.) I catch myself humming this tune at least once or twice a month; it's that relentlessly catchy.

River City Ransom is a timeless classic, but River City Ransom EX for the Game Boy Advance takes the cake in my book; it has more secret attacks, more items, more bosses, a plethora of customization options for your characters, and a pretty in-depth hidden morality system where sometimes bosses or other characters will actually join your party based on your actions. If you haven't played it, you're missing out on one of the best experiences on the GBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment