A few days ago, I posted an article about the announcement of Epic Mickey 2. Shortly after that announcement surfaced, rumors spread about a 3DS version also being released. Well, this month's Nintendo Power has confirmed that a 3DS version is in development and I'm about 600 times more excited for it than the original. Here's all the details we know so far.
- Developed by Dreamrift, the company behind Henry Hatsworth and Monster Tale.
- Side-scrolling, platforming title.
- Sequel to Epic Mickey and Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse.
- Use stylus to tap item icons.
- "Paint" (trace) those items into existence.
-The better you trace, the better it is for Mickey for example, a well-traced cannon will only hurt enemies, but a sloppy trace job will make a cannon that hurts everyone.
- Use thinner to erase objects.
- Characters are hand-drawn sprites. (!)
- Scrolling parallax backgrounds.
- Every level in the game is based on an animated Disney adventure this includes "Sleeping Beauty" to "Tangled", with more to be announced. Update: The article also shows stages based on Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland and The Little Mermaid. However, it also goes on to mention that some of these stages might not be in the final game.
- Every character that Mickey saves will take up residence in the fortress that Mickey uses as his home base.
- Due out Fall 2012.
- Scrooge Mcduck (!), Minnie, Peter Pan, Beast, Captain Hook and Oswald are in the game.
I just. I can't even. This is the best idea I have ever heard. The classic Mickey Mouse sidescrollers from the 16-bit era are some of the best from that time period and to hear Disney is making a follow-up with actual sprites and locations from Disney films, as well as Scrooge Mc-Frickin'-Duck. Just. Shut up and take my Disney Dollars, Disney. You can keep the console version if you want.