Wednesday, April 11, 2012
First Pokémon Black/White 2 Details Revealed
Corocoro, the magazine responsible for many Pokémon related leaks of the past, as well as being responsible for hyping fans up just to shoot them down with lame announcements like Poképark 2, has revealed the first details and screenshots of the game. You can check out the first artwork of the two playable characters as well as the rival on the right there and I'll put the rest after the jump. Here's some bullet points on the actual details.
- set in Unova
- set 2 years later than Black/White
- Unova is partially frozen
- has 300 Pokémon within it
- various new areas in Unova
- this includes Hiougi City, where you begin your journey
- another area has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika and another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader
- new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength
- Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School
- it also has areas where you can look upon the other areas
- Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock
- White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn
- the Unova Pokédex contains a combination of old and new Pokémon
- Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254
- June 24rd Japanese release date reconfirmed
The original Black and White games decided to try to "start fresh" by not including the ability to catch or battle any of the first four generations of Pokémon until after you finished the game. It's good to see they're going back to the ways of pretty much every Pokémon game since by allowing you to catch a mix of old and new from the get-go. Not to sound old fashion, but I prefer it that way. It's nice to get to know new Pokémon but it's also comforting to know there's old favorites you already know pretty well to fall back on if needed. But the real question is, who will annoy us in all the caves? Woobat or Zubat?
About the Author
Matt is one of the founding members of Adamant Ditto and has been gaming since the age of three. He's a big fan of everything from Mario to Sonic to Twisted Metal. He handles a lot of the editing, uploading and technical stuff for the group and is always anxious to see where the road takes us. Turn-ons include long walks on the beach and pancakes. Turn-offs include Yanma, Sonic Chronicles and Eggman Nega.