Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NiGHTs Into Dreams... And Sonic Adventure 2 HD Dropping in October

I posted a story earlier this year about NiGHTS into Dreams... being announced as a HD remake being released later this year so I figured I should follow up on that because the release date has been announced! Yes, you can finally relive your fond memories of NiGHTS in glorious HD on October 2nd for the PSN and October 5th for the X-Box Live Arcade. That's less than a month away! It gives you just enough time to finish playing the recently released Jet Set Radio HD.


But wait, there's more! Sega also announced that the "HD" rerelease of Sonic Adventure 2 will also be released on the same day as NiGHTS into Dreams... So you can relive two classic Sega games on the same day! Both games are set to retail for 9.99 USD, which isn't too bad for a game you likely haven't played and one you likely enjoy enough to drop some cash on again. *But maybe not...*


As an added bonus, NiGHTS into Dreams... comes complete with everything from the rare Christmas NiGHTS expansion pack for free. That disc is pretty hard to come by these days so I'm sure a lot of Sega fans out there are pretty happy to final experience it. Sonic Adventure 2 will also have some optional DLC featuring all the battle mode features from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the Gamecube. This DLC is 3.00 USD and includes all the battle mode stages and characters as well as Chao Karate. Why this isn't included for free, I don't know but whatever. It's there if you want it.

Both games drop on October 2nd for PSN and October 5th for X-Box Live Arcade for 9.99 USD. As far as I know, Steam versions for both games are in the works but they weren't included in the announcement. I look forward to experiencing NiGHTS for the first time. I'm still on the fence about Sonic Adventure 2, though. But hey, I figured I'd mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment