Sunday, September 23, 2012

VGM of the Week #47

So hey, as of a few days ago, summer is officially over. At least, the season is. It's still flippin' hot as all hell but hey, my calendar says it's true so it must be. Anyway, as a celebration of the end of summer, I figured I'd go with a song from a game that pretty much screams "summer;" Super Mario Sunshine.

Super Mario Sunshine has one of the finest soundtracks of any game, in my humble opinion, so coming up with just one was a bit hard. But, since it is the end of summer, I decided to go with the Staff Roll that plays as the credits roll. It's basically a more bombastic version of the Deflino Plaza theme but it sure is fun.


Though if I'm being 100% honest with you, the main reason I picked this track in particular is so I could share with you a live orchestrated version of it by the Big Band of Rogues. This group put together a whole CD of orchestrated versions of famous tracks from a bunch of Mario and Zelda games and to close it all out, they did the ending theme of Super Mario Sunshine and let me tell you, it is a piece of work. So hit the jump to take a listen to that because I promise you, you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment