Well, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (aka Pizzabeer to the Adamant Ditto crew) is coming out this upcoming Tuesday, and as you might know, I'm really excited for it. I think the developers has put a lot of love into the game and has made it different enough from Smash for it to stand on its own gameplay wise. At launch, the character roster is honestly kind of butt but they recently announced two DLC characters, Kat and Emmet, so there's still a good chance that a character people are clamoring for can show up. So, here's 10 of my most wanted characters that I'd like to see playable in Pizzabeer.
5. Snake (Metal Gear, Konami) - Let me first start off by saying that even though Raiden is in the game, I feel like Snake has a decent chance of being a playable character. Let's consider a few factors:
- Snake is in everything ever because Hideo Kojima is so baller and gets whatever he wants.
- If Pizzabeer can have two Infamous representatives (both of which are Cole), then I'm pretty sure Konami should be allowed to have both Snake and Raiden.
- David Hayter, the voice of Snake, has commented about doing voice work for Pizzabeer although he might just end up as a "minion" for Raiden and make quite a few people angry.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is meant to be its own series even though it's a spin off hence the name no longer being Metal Gear Solid: Rising.
- I love Raiden and I think he's cool but he's just not as badass as motherfuckin' Snake.
- Also, Raiden is obviously an advertisement for an upcoming game like Dante is.
- The bottom line is, Metal Gear Solid is a huge deal in PlayStation history and the main character is Snake, the epitome of manliness. Having Raiden without Snake is like having Falco without Fox.
Also, the default and main version of Cloud should be him in his original purple SOLDIER outfit. Not that Advent Children garbage. That can be an alternate costume like it is in Dissidia.
So there you have it, my top 10 characters I'd like to see playable in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. I originally had ordered by which characters were least deserving to most on principle but I realized that this was my personal list. I absolutely factor it into my opinion but what it comes down to is how strongly I feel about the character. One thing I'd really like to mention is, it's not really about who is in the game. It's how the characters in the game are played that matters. I don't think a lot of people really understand that. Sure there are two Coles, but they are different enough from each other in how they play that they warrant two separate characters. So even though your most wanted and favorite character isn't apart of the cast, that doesn't mean you still can't have fun with the game.
Here are some honorable mentions: Kevin Butler, Dead Space's Isaac Clarke, Mirror's Edge's Faith, Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa, Assassin's Creed's Ezio, Dark Cloud 2's Max and Monica, Syphon Filter's Gabe Logan, Disgaea's Prinny.