Saturday, November 24, 2012

VGM of the Week #56

It's another one of those back to back VGM of the Week posts!


This one is from the opening of Zone of the Enders. Zone of the Enders HD came out not too long ago but I personally didn't grab it because it was ported by an incompetent company that Konami hired because they don't give a fuck care about anything not Metal Gear Solid either. In fact, I actually immediately cancelled my preorder. I wasn't THAT hungry for the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo (which I got to play at a friend's house who did purchase ZOE:HDC and even thought it was awesome, it was incredibly short). The original PS2 games could barely run on their original hardware so I was hoping they'd be able to get 60 FPS on current hardware. Nope. The PS3 version runs like shit. It runs better on 360 which doesn't make any god damn sense to me. The game was originally on Sony hardware, how does it run even worse now? Yeah. Get out of here.

Anyway, this song is great. I really like The Zone of the Enders series. Most people just remember it as that game that comes with the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo but it was actually pretty good. I've heard the second one was better but I never got the chance to play it... WOULD'VE BEEN NICE IF I COULD ON PS3 IN AT LEAST 720p AND PROPER FRAME RATE. However, I have listened to the opening theme for the second game and I will say, it's not as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment