Sunday, January 6, 2013

VGM of the Week #62

My turn for VGM of the Week and I actually get the first VGM of the Year. Whoa! This is a big deal. I gotta pick something great. I could do the New Years theme from Animal Crossing but Josh just did that game. I could do the Clock Town theme from Majora's Mask to represent the dawn of a new year but we've already done several Zelda themes.

So then I decided "screw it" and am just going with a theme from a franchise I just got into last year but is already one of my favorites of all time; Uncharted.

The Uncharted games are a ton of fun and really make you feel like you're on an adventure and part of that has to do with the amazing score. It sounds like it would accompany an action/adventure movie like Indiana Jones or James Bond. It's really impressive and this happens to be my favorite track from said games.


Yes, I know I pretty much picked the main theme from the most popular entry in the series but let's face it, there's a reason it's a popular theme; it's epic. It perfectly encapsulates both the feel of the games and the feel of the main character. You feel like you're on an adventure, searching for lost treasures and mysterious temples with this guy. You feel the excitement and the danger lurking at every corner. This is an amazing main theme for any game or film but it works on an even higher level with Uncharted.

No comments:

Post a Comment