Sunday, December 18, 2011

VGM of the Week #7

Back to me, huh? Well, last time I picked a song from Super Mario 3D Land, which was released that same day. This week, however, no major releases are coming out so I'm going with what could very well be my favorite piece of music ever in a video game.

Now, nobody can deny, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has the best soundtrack of all time. It's almost unfair, new and old compositions of over 300 songs from over 40 gaming franchises? It's insane. With all those tracks to choose from, you'd think my favorite would be from one of my all-time favorite game franchises like Mario or Pokémon but actually, no. One song blew me away more than any other; The Underworld from Kid Icarus.


This track is so catchy and upbeat, I can't help but love it. And when the drums kick in during the breakdown towards the end? It's soooooo good. Not to mention, it was composed by Shougo Sakai, who has worked on many other games such as Kirby Squeak Squad, Super Smash Bros. Melee and the entire Mother 3 soundtrack, as well as Hirokazu Tanaka, who worked on the original Kid Icarus soundtrack. It's a great tune from a great soundtrack and perhaps my very favorite of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment