Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Gameplay Trailer

As I mentioned in my previous post about Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2, the gameplay trailer was scheduled to be released through Gamespot today. Well, here it is.


I do think, visually, it looks better than Episode 1 but not by too much. It's certainly not on par with Generations but I never expected it to. After all, it is a downloadable title. The gameplay looks like a nice return to form and the physics look better, though one can't be sure until the game is released. I'm not sure how I feel about the team-up moves but at least they look to add a little bit of a depth and give Tails a purpose for being there other than to drown a lot. Plus, it'll probably be especially fun to use those moves in Co-Op. The stage design, while completely ripped-off from past games, is looking pretty sweet too.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now, mostly because of the physics. Though I do honestly believe Sega was going to listen to the fans and fix them. The engine is supposed to be from the ground up. After Sonic Generations did so much to please the fans, I'll give Sega the benefit of the doubt if only this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment