Sunday, April 15, 2012

VGM of the Week #24

Missed it by that much!

Sorry I'm a bit late this week. I really have no excuse.

Anyway, here's one of my favorites from one of my favorite games, last year's fabulous Kirby's Return to Dreamland.



This isn't my favorite song from the game, but it is the first one I'd recommend to anybody who wasn't yet sold on the soundtrack. Undoubtedly, Return to Dreamland's soundtrack is something of a step down from Kirby Super Star or even Canvas Curse, which has a fantastic soundtrack despite a severely limited number of original tracks. Still, the Kirby series has such consistently fantastic music that even the worst composition from Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando is sure to put a smile on your face.

In fact, this boss theme is actually my favorite boss theme in the Kirby series, and I think that alone is proof that while Return to Dreamland might not have the best Kirby soundtrack, it still has a pretty fantastic one.

As a aside, make sure to join us for our first weekly session of Brawl Bruisedays this Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment