Sunday, June 10, 2012

VGM of the Week #32

Finally, time for my VGM of the Week again. I have so many I want to do and I have to wait a whole month each time I want to do one. It's hard to not get anxious when waiting.

Anyway, my pick for today is a track from my favorite Playstation game, Twisted Metal 2. It may seem odd coming from such a die-hard Nintendo fanboy, but Twisted Metal 2 is a such a large part of my childhood that I can't help but be super nostalgic for it and play it all the time. I own both a physical copy of it and the download version on the PSN despite the fact that the PS3 will play my physical copy, that's just how much I like it.

Now, all of the music in this game is really awesome. There's a lot of hardcore guitar riffs and rock tracks that seem to go hand in hand with the explosive nature of the game. While I could have gone with several different tracks like Holland or New York, my favorite has to be from Paris - Monumental Disaster. Not only is it one of my favorite stages in the game but the music is just so good. It's like a rocked out version of the song Frère Jacques but with more guitar and car noises. It's awesome and totally sets the mood for blowing up ice cream trucks, formula 1 racers and the Eiffel Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment