Sunday, June 24, 2012

VGM of the Week #34

Last time around, I promised to pick a song not from a Nintendo console.

I wanted to show some love to the original Playstation, and I agonized for a while over which game to pay tribute to. Eventually I landed on Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, easily my favorite Crash game and nestled snugly in my top 5 Playstation 1 games of all time. If you've never checked it out, I'd highly recommend downloading it from Playstation Network.

Here's a nice little industrial ditty that I catch myself humming from time to time; it plays during the game's sewer levels (The Eel Deal, Sewer or Later, and Hangin' Out) and it's one of the more memorable tracks in the game. It was between this or the music from the Jet Pack stages!




Did you know that Mark Mothersbaugh composed the Playstation Era Crash games? Yes, that Mark Mothersbaugh, from Devo? He also composed the incidental music for Rugrats and Rocket Power, but he was able to give Crash Bandicoot a fun, unique, Australian flavor of its own. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment