Saturday, July 28, 2012

VGM of the Week #39

Me again! I decided to stick with the Playstation for a few more weeks, so here's one of my absolute favorite Playstation tracks. I recently played through Brave Fencer Musashi again, and the main theme is still every bit as kick-ass as I remember it.




Really, the whole soundtrack is pretty fantastic; even though my favorite track in the game happens to be one of the very first tracks you hear, don't assume that the soundtrack only gets worse as the game goes on. Really, I think all of Square's games from that era had terrific soundtracks, not just the ones graced by Nobuo Uematsu.

Brave Fencer Musashi is a quaint little game that's not nearly as impressive as Ocarina of Time or even Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, but it's not without its own charms. There's really a strong sense of adventure, and the bombastic, semi-orchestrated soundtrack counts for a large part of that. The main theme in particular really gets my adventurous spirit pumping and makes me want to assimilate some abilities and liberate some crests. And play with action figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment