Sunday, February 10, 2013

VGM of the Week #67

Guess it's back to me for this thing and well, Valentine's Day is coming up, so let's do a song that reminds me of love and tenderness.



When it comes to "love" themed video game tunes, there's a few that come to mind. "The Theme of Love" from Metal Gear Solid 4 or "Because I Love You" from Earthbond are both excellent choices (with one being much more about love than the other) but I ultimately decided to go with the acoustic version of "The Legendary Theme" from Gitaroo Man.

Now, I've never played Gitaroo Man but I have seen footage and I do have the whole soundtrack on my computer and while it's a very strange game and most of the tracks are ripping rock anthems, this track is very mellow and very sweet. There might not be any lyrics but it's one of the few video game tracks I can think of that instantly brings images of slow dancing with a loved one or just holding someone's hand to mind. It probably helps that in the game, this song happens when the main character is just sitting by a fire with his girl.

It's a very sweet song that manages to fill me with all kinds of loving emotions with just a single instrument. It's a great track to listen to on Valentine's Day with your special someone and it's my choice for VGM of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment